Proof of vaccination in effect for some Parks and Recreation services Trail B.C.
By order of the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer (PHO), effective September 13, 2021, people 12 and older are required to present proof of vaccination to access some events, services and businesses. This order applies to some programs and services offered by the City of Trail’s Parks and Recreation Department including indoor adult fitness and sport, and indoor events with more than 50 participants.
Children and youth recreational programs and general admission to the pool are exempt
from the requirement, as are aquatics and public skates.
“The City of Trail will adhere to all public health orders for the health and safety of our staff and the community,” said Trisha Davison, Director of Trail Parks and Recreation. “Staff are working with all third-party users and sports teams to ensure the vaccination requirement is upheld.”
According to the order, as of Monday, September 13, 2021 proof of at least partial vaccination (one dose) is required to access a number of places. As of Sunday, October 24, 2021 you must be fully vaccinated (seven days after your second dose). People who are 19 and older will also need to present proof of identity.
Proof of vaccination is required if you are:
• An adult (22 and older) participating in a sport, fitness or physical activity
• An adult (22 and older) participating in an indoor recreation activity with more than 50 people.
• Anyone 12 and older watching an indoor sporting event that is ticketed or more than 50 people will require full vaccination (2 doses).
• Anyone 12 and older attending an indoor gathering of more than 50 people will require full vaccination (2 doses).
Proof of vaccination is not required if you are:
• A child or youth (21 and under) participating in an indoor registered or general admission recreation activity or sport
• An adult (22 and older) coach, volunteer or parent/caregiver who is required for an indoor child or youth activity or sport• Participating in an aquatics program or general swim
• Participating in public skate
• A person 11 and under
Additional information related to Parks and Recreation services in Trail:
• Current health orders from the PHO and Interior Health Authority will continue to be enforced until they are rescinded. As a reminder, this includes the requirement for masks to be worn in all indoor public spaces for ages 5+, and restrictions on the maximum size and type of recreation programs that are permitted.
• Pre-registration for fitness centres and pools will continue until further notice.
• Fitness Centre users and registrants in fitness programs will require verification of vaccination.
• The Trail Memorial Centre will remain closed to the general public and will only be available to third-party users and their activities.
• The Fieldhouse will be open to third-party users.
• COVID 19 Safety Plan will be required for all third-party users and will need to include plans for vaccine verification and spectator management if the group wishes to have spectators.
• Vaccine requirements for spectators at non-ticketed events is still being clarified.
• Program Registration Dates:
o September 21 Registration Date 8:30 am: Only programs offered in 2021 will be available for registration.
o November 23 at 8:30 am for all programs starting in 2022.
For more information about proof of vaccination, including acceptable forms of proof
and key timelines and exemptions, visit www.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.
For more information, contact:
Trisha Davison, Director of Parks and Recreation