Upcoming Vaccine Passport Program Measures
On Monday, September 13, 2021, the Province of BC will require a variety of discretionary businesses and activities to ensure users and participants show proof of at least one dose of vaccination for COVID-19. Some City of Trail facilities, activities, and programs will fall under the discretionary category and, as a result, will be required to verify proof of participant vaccination. While there is considerable detail yet to be released by the province, various City departments are preparing for next week’s new measures, particularly Parks & Recreation.
Specific to Trail Parks & Recreation, please note the following:
- As of Monday, September 13, the fitness centre will be open and available for bookings. Participants will be required to show proof of vaccination.
- Opening of the pools will be delayed until Wednesday, September 15. Vaccination details related to the service will be communicated once fully known. It is anticipated bookings will open for pool times early next week.
- Staff will be working with all third party users on vaccination requirements in the coming days.
- As a reminder, program registration for all fall programming has been revised. Program registration is set to commence on September 21.
- Please direct any inquires related to Parks & Recreation services to 250-364-0858 or [email protected]
By next week, all impacted City departments will issue specifics on how these new measures will impact operations and you, our patrons. For questions pertaining to other City departments, please contact the following:
- Trail Museum & Archives, 250-364-0829
- Trail & District Public Library, 250-364-0860
- City Hall, 250-364-1262
- Public Works, 250-364-0840
- Trail Regional Airport, 250-367-0029
The Province of BC requires vaccinated individuals to obtain their personal BC Vaccine Card online by September 26, 2021. With your Personal Health Number, you can obtain yours at www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html. Should you require assistance downloading your digital or printable proof of vaccination, the following local resources are available to you:
- Service BC, 1520 Bay Avenue, 250-364-0591
- Trail & District Public Library,1505 Bay Avenue, 250-364-1731 (appointment recommended)
- Columbia Basin Alliance for Literacy (CBAL), 1160 Cedar Avenue, 250-368-6770 (appointment required)
We are working diligently to ensure accurate and clear information is available to you in a timely manner. We remind residents that masks are still mandatory in all public spaces and to stay home when feeling unwell.